Tuesday 2 August 2011

On Being Ugly

often I walk into rooms as the loudest mouth with the least to say.

I talk like I read self-help books.
I talk like I only mean what I whisper.
I talk like I’ve been lonely.

if I look good
I'm standing a good distance away
from myself.

if I see myself differently,
it’s because other people see me differently.

I talk to myself more than I talk to anyone,
talking to myself is like talking to someone that won’t shut up!

my head is not in the sky, I talk to my feet a lot.

I’m always asking them why I can’t move on as easy as they do.

I look at myself in a broken mirror and see a thousand people that don't want to be me.

I go to parties and sit in the corner and read.

someone will come up and ask what I’m reading and I’ll talk about myself.

I think everyone here is thinking that I think too much.

I don’t know what I think about people that remind me of me

because there is always something wrong with them

especially if they fancy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment