Wednesday 10 April 2013

NaPoWriMo Day 10 Poem 7 Swamp Monsters

Me and poet Simon Mole met today and wrote a collaboration poem for my NaPoWriMo.

Dreamt I was a woman,
my husband bought
a house by a lake.
We had a pet whale that made
the water purple when it was sad.

Dreamt that I was twelve again
I couldn’t leave my bed
The poster on my ceiling
hanging loose at one corner

Dreamt I had a son
who didn’t have feet -
he kept hiding light blubs
     in my shoes.

Dreamt that my ideas
were the only things that moved
Flickering filament
treading routes I couldn’t walk

Dreamt I spoke in static,
no one tuned in
except my son,
his ears took my noise  
as a kind of fuzzy poem.

Dreamt that the boat came,
two men dragged it up
On to the beach of shining coins
beside the lake

Dreamt about a man
who had two black storms
for eyes. He swore one day
he’d hit the lightening back.

Dreamt they left the boat
And walked towards our house
Men dripping purple water
Like swamp monsters

Dreamt I could suck
the turbulence out
of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment