Sunday 6 May 2012

It Is Sunday But Is This Poetry? - Young Savage vs Kate Tempest

Every Sunday I will be posting about two artists and asking "is this poetry?" The idea came about when I was walking past a pub and a football game was on. A team scored and I heard someone shout "THAT WAS POETRY!" and I wondered what exactly is poetry to people other than something we turn to during a ceremonial wedding/funeral? - can it relate to any display of skill?

I thought I'd start off simple with a 16 year old rapper I was told about by one of the young poets me and Dzifa Benson are coaching as part of Shake The Dust project.

Is this poetry?



Kate Tempest calls herself a rapper but calls her pieces poems... Here she is delivering something great...

Is this poetry?

No comments:

Post a Comment